The Day to Day excitement of Anthony Brown

Monday, March 21, 2005

The ramblers bow to my navigational skills

Finally I am one up on my arch enemy the rambler. Every since this one guy tried to punch me through my full face helmet and then fell over whilst chasing me I have tried to keep my communications to a polite hello (which is usually greeted with a snort if I am lucky).

Well yesterday the tables were turned once again and one of the enemy had to speak to me. We were trial riding in the black mountains riding up Grwyne Fawr (a high mountain pass covered in cloud), when I was approached by 3 ramblers who were in a bit of a state.

They had a couple of A4 laminated maps which were miles away from where we were and seemed to be a little lost. I am not one to hold a grudge so I showed them where they were on my map. When they told me they had been walking since 1.00am that morning I felt even more sorry for them and sold them my ordinance survey map for a tenner (£3.05 profit).

Anyway it was nice to get a conversation out of a walker, as all I normally get is a stare to say you shouldnt be here. Even though they drove to the Beacon in a car on a tarred road and I am riding my motorcycle on an untarred road they seem to think there hobby has far less environmental impact than mine.

Anyway thats it for that story. I hope Anna feels better today as she has been in bed all weekend.

Still on countdown only 7 more days at work until I am off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home